Helping People Get Full Compensation For Their Property
When the loss of property to the government through the eminent domain process cannot be avoided, the goal needs to shift from preventing the taking to ensuring that the property owner is fully compensated for his or her loss.
Determining the value of what is being taken is a very complex question. Many different aspects need to be considered, including the property type:
- Is the property being condemned a commercial property?
- Is it a residential property?
- Are renters occupying the property?
Beyond considerations of the type of property, there are numerous issues to be considered to make sure that a property owner is fully compensated for the loss of his or her property, including:
- What is fair market value?
- What are severance damages?
- Has a partial taking diminished the value of the remaining property?
- How are property values determined?
- Is your property being taken for conservation purposes?
- How has the eminent domain process affected the value of your business?
- Has the government diminished the value of your property outside of the eminent domain process?
- Is the government attempting to avoid compensating you by claiming your property was a public nuisance?
- When does interest begin to accrue on damages?
- Is a school district attempting to seize your property?
- Are your needs as a small-business owner being considered?
- How does foreclosure affect eminent domain proceedings?
- Is your property being affected by the I-95 Overland Bridge Project?
- How is the eminent domain process different for those who have housing provided by HUD or who are financed by the FHA?
- How does zoning affect the value of my property?
The Decades Of Experience You Need
At the Property Rights Law Firm, P.A., we put our decades of experience to work helping people maximize the compensation they receive through the eminent domain process. That experience allows us to identify all of the potential consideration, which needs to be made in order to arrive at a comprehensive picture of the full value of your property. Our skill in navigating the process helps ensure that our clients are fully compensated.
Florida Eminent Domain Attorneys
For representation that can help you walk away from the eminent domain process with the highest level of compensation, turn to the Property Rights Law Firm, P.A. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 407-208-2652 or contact us online.